Distribution Center Lead - Mail Order - Weekend Shift
Friday - Sunday, 6 AM - 6 PM
$2.00/hour Shift Premium
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To facilitate the flow of work throughout the department in accordance with the directives from management personnel.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Provides work direction and training to all associates as necessary and directed to ensure the proper handling and disposition of all products.
2. Checks and audits work flow to assure adherence to all standard operating procedures.
3. Assists supervisor to assess associate staffing requirements and assignments.
4. Trains and instructs assigned personnel in established methods, procedures and work quality requirements.
5. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Leads by example and works to remove all barriers from the work environment.
7. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School education or equivalent.
• 2 years of experience in related position or field.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70-100 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Protective hand wear required (gloves issued for individual assignment)
• Protective clothing in designated areas