Digital Solution Architect
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
To provide leadership by defining architecture, standards, and best practices for the eCommerce Agile team. To serve as a resource for the IT department and business partners to solve complex business and technical initiatives for e-commerce and the larger Omni-channel Applications Team.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides primary input into technical design with input into the company’s entire system design (including ecommerce architecture, integrations, disaster recovery, partners, etc.) taking input from the project owner(s), e-Commerce team and enterprise architecture. Engineers solutions for speed, supportability, and reliability.
- Creates solution design to accomplish business and technical goals. Delivers Agile Stories, Architectural Diagrams, Solution Narrative, and Technical Requirement Documentation.
- Communicates solution designs to project stakeholders, project managers, development team(s), and others as needed.
- Creates hands-on proof-of-concept implementations for proposed designs.
- Reviews code delivery from e-Commerce team and vendors to ensure coding matches the solution design.
- Interfaces with internal hardware and network teams for capacity planning and troubleshooting.
- Communicates with vendor partners for technical considerations during project activity to facilitate solution design.
- Formally mentors and provides leadership to e-Commerce team members and extended agile team members.
- Provides input to project management on project tasks and effort.
- Assists other Information Technology departments with general system design and problem resolution skills.
- Resolves production problems and actively works to design solutions that avoid them.
- Plans for and comprehends the full System Development Life Cycle of web software.
- Keeps managers informed of important developments, potential problems, business project activities and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field.
- At least 10 years of related work experience. Experience with e-Commerce required. HCL Commerce v9 experience preferred.
- At least 7 years of Java development experience. Spring and JPA experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of engineering Cloud-based solutions. Azure experience preferred.
- Experience with designing Cloud-Native systems at scale. Kubernetes experience required.
- At least 3 years of engineering DevOps capabilities.
- Experience designing and writing integration solutions.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks, Web Application Firewalls, and other security and performance technologies.
- Knowledge of security protocols and preventing loss from attacks.
- Knowledge and experience of automated testing methodologies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced environment to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to effectively mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel, Northern Tool leadership, vendor partners and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.