Mail Order Shipper - First Shift
Monday - Friday, 7 AM - 3:30 PM
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To accurately fulfill and ship ordered product direct to customer.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintains work station, ensuring all required shipping materials are stocked daily.
- Verifies carton number, shipping weight and destination.
- Follows standard operating procedure for scanning and labeling product.
- Places completed parcels on pallet adhering to stacking and height requirements.
- Collects, validates, and loads onto outbound trucks all customer mail orders from mail order process area and the pick module.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and adheres to all stated productivity requirements while performing the job.
- Maintains work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least 6 months of related experience in a distribution center environment.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds on a frequent.
- Ability to work at heights up to 32 feet.
- Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.