Quality Control Inspector
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS - $500 paid at the completion of 30 days and $500 after 90 days!
Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To ensure all outgoing shipments, stock locations and quantities are accurate.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Inspects stock for quality including size, color, and other physical characteristics in all assigned warehouse locations.
- Provides answers to management concerning quality and quantity of product.
- Performs daily stock checks of locations to ensure accuracy.
- Documents all errors found during any research pertaining to the outbound process.
- Inspects the quality of inventory products shipped.
- Identifies problems in all areas and notifies appropriate management personnel for resolutions.
- Ensures strict compliance to established quality policies and procedures.
- Communicates quality standards and assists warehouse personnel in complying with established operating practices and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to operate a Radio Frequency (RF) scanner and Warehouse Management computer equipment.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to rarely lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
- Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Protective hand wear required (gloves issued for individual assignment)
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.