Distribution Center Operations Intern
Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2022 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The program also connects participants with management at various levels of the organization and provides an inside view of Northern’s environment and culture. The program structure includes an end-of- program project presentation by the intern to members of Northern’s management team.
As an intern at Northern Tool and Equipment distribution center, you will be exposed to not only the daily operations of the DC but to many departments within Northern Tool and Equipment's Corporate Office. You will be assigned a specific project that will not only maximize your potential but add great value to our company!
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and attend weekly meetings with assigned mentor
- Work independently or in a group setting as needed based on the assigned project
- Attend all meetings required for the internship program and as relates to the assigned project and/or needs of the business
- End of program presentation to members of the management team
- 10-week paid summer internship
- Meaningful project work that will provide value to you and the organization
- Assigned mentor to work with you one-on-one
- Interaction with other interns
- Ability to expand upon your education/knowledge with real-life hands-on career duties and systems use
- Ability to work on a team, as well as own individual responsibilities
- Exposure to Northern’s leadership team
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work onsite full time for the designated 10 weeks