Database Marketing Analyst
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To create, execute and analyze Catalog, Retail and Ecommerce Marketing campaigns by developing and running ad-hoc and standard reports in a Multi-Channel Database for a variety of internal departments in alignment of established procedures and policies.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supports all aspects of the catalog planning and development process by executing house file selects and segmentation efforts, which includes profit based mailing depth, executing select instructions and creating mailing files.
- Supports all areas of the Multi-Channel Database update by planning, analyzing, implementing and controlling databases and tables for customers. Responsibilities include working with marketing to establish updates, running jobs, reviewing quality control reports, transferring data to outside vendors and creating table structures and fields in different formats.
- Executes the catalog planning and development process by implementing marketing plans; generates product selection lists; develops and presents creative ideas and attends catalog product meetings and coordinates subsequent revisions with the marketing department.
- Creates Profit and Loss rankings for all Company programs detailing the profitability of a product, department and program level and is able to communicate this across Company.
- Uses intermediate to complex SAS Enterprise Guide and Base SAS programming and coding skills to support and maintain the database environment.
- Generates ad-hoc reports for marketing and other departments as needed using SAS, SQL, DB2 or similar database software.
- Establishes and sustains interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization, benchmark practices/results against competition and maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Calculates and executes marketing formulas, reports and methods and provides support in the day-to-day execution of marketing programs and methods which includes all aspects of program and product set-up, database analysis and post analysis.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in database marketing or position of similar analytical responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of SAS software experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Intermediate programming and coding skills needed to develop and automate reporting.
- Ability to prioritize effectively to meet established goals.
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, employees and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.