Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Merchandising Analyst who wishes to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To support the merchandising team to identify, analyze and forecast product opportunities and provide risk analysis to increase profitability through sales, inventory, margin, etc.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Identify insights, analyze category results and opportunities across financial metrics including sales, margin and ROI that impact the category and communicate findings, analysis, and recommendations to team.
- Conduct comparative analysis of performance and provide insights and guide recommendations that ensure product forecast supports projected sales volume. Partner with merchants to slot products, analyze vendor funding and make pricing recommendations in alignment with category strategy.
- Develop and interpret forecasts and margin trends for specific categories to determine optimal financial performance and growth opportunities by leveraging multiple data sources (promotional performance, category reporting, P&L, consumer analytics).
- Conduct root cause analysis for variation between supply and demand forecasts to support inventory and pricing decisions. Provide financial validity of product assortments and conduct scenario planning to optimize assortments and pricing plans.
- Partner with the merchandising category teams to provide insights and recommendations on promotional pricing, product offerings, vendor funding and financial strategies. Analyze the business strategy and forecast to deliver profitable sales.
- Work collaboratively across other departments on pricing, inventory management, Marketing, new products, vendor funding, segmentation opportunities and sales initiatives to drive results.
- Provide analytical support for, and process coordination of merchandising budgeting process in partnership with partners across Merchandising and Finance.
- Collaborates with merchandising and pricing team to analyze and recommend effective promotions and pricing management to drive revenue, margin and rate. Understands and analyzes key business metrics for the category and provides recommendations and support to deliver profitability.
- Executes promotional data quality during the ad planning lifecycle. Tracks and analyzes results of promotional price and product adjustments. Partners with manager on promotional strategies related to market dynamic changes, pricing trends and market opportunities.
- Leverage data analytics tools to organize, summarize, and visualize data into meaningful insights that drive Merchandising initiatives and decision making. Assist in the development and management of tools supporting business reporting and measuring product performance.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Merchandising, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in Merchandising, Finance or Retail Analytics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerBI, SQL.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to influence others, gain buy-in and bring group to consensus leveraging data
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Methodical and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key partners
- Ability to organize and manage a variety of activities while addressing multiple priorities and quickly react to changing business needs while meeting firm deadlines
- Prior experience building category strategies, business plans, and/or business cases through data analysis
- Previous experience analyzing a retail P&L a strong plus
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 130 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.