Retail Operations Intern
Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2023 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The program also connects participants with management at various levels of the organization and provides an inside view of Northern’s environment and culture. The program structure includes an end-of-program project presentation by the intern to members of Northern’s management team.
Retail Operations – Retail Support
As an Intern within Retail Operations you’ll get the opportunity to put your unique fingerprint on the process of supporting the over 126 stores. You will be exposed to different areas of our Retail Operations department. You will be assigned a specific project that will not only maximize your potential but add great value to our company! We are a team that champions change, removes roadblocks and builds a culture where everyone can win together!
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of NTE leaders to understand needs for the project
- Developing action plans for your project
- Partnering with Finance to determine financial impacts
- Aiding in presenting findings to executive leadership to gain approval to move forward with proposed changes
- End of program presentation to members of the management team
- A challenging and meaningful work experience over 10 weeks – paid!
- A hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in person and remotely
- A mentor to work with you one-on-one to guide your impact
- Engagement opportunities with our executives and senior leadership
- Fun social, networking and volunteer opportunities with other interns
- A fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work on a team, as well as managing your own individual responsibilities
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Management, or Retail Related Degree’s
- Demonstrated leadership capability in previous work experience and/or extracurriculars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Coachable and self-motivated to learn and exceed your own expectations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Location: WHQ; Burnsville, MN
As a trusted family business, we honor and serve those who do the tough jobs. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding experience to make an impact, apply today!
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to our success. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of background, perspectives, and skills. At this time Northern Tool + Equipment cannot sponsor interns for employment authorization.