PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To purchase components for Northern Tool Manufacturing by researching the lowest price, highest quality and best delivery time possible.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Researches products and pricing by investigating vendors and terms of sale, sources supplies with new vendors and shares information with purchasing, engineering, fabrication and assembly departments.
2. Completes purchase requests by anticipating needed supplies for various departments, negotiating price, payment terms, shipments and quality with vendors.
3. Negotiates agreements with existing and new vendors; achieves lowest prices possible to aid in aggressive cost reduction.
4. Analyzes backorder report by looking at shortage report and open order report. Expedites required parts.
5. Maintains database by entering, verifying and building new items into JD Edwards software system. Maintains all information entered as accurate.
6. Completes return stock report by analyzing the obsolete and return stock report. Separates information by vendor and buyer and then contacts vendor for disposition.
7. Maintains historical reference of supplies and equipment by keeping records of items and services purchased, prices, delivery and shipping costs and product or service acceptability.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by networking within the industry and reviewing professional publications.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performs all other work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related merchandising/purchasing field or equivalent of years in a related purchasing/inventory management field.
- 1-3 years experience in merchandising or related field.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of hard line tools and equipment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Solid PC skills, spreadsheet development abilities with Excel and working knowledge of designated software.
- E3 experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a wide variety of company personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.