Product Information Management Intern
Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2023 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The program also connects participants with management at various levels of the organization and provides an inside view of Northern’s environment and culture. The program structure includes an end-of-program project presentation by the intern to members of Northern’s management team.
Merchandising Department-Product Information Management (PIM) Team
As an Intern within the Product Information Team, you’ll get the opportunity to put your unique fingerprint on the product assortment expansion initiative on at Northern. You’ll be an active member of the PIM team as we look to grow Northern’s product assortment and enhance our product data. We are a team that champions change, removes roadblocks and builds a culture where everyone can win together!
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Data enhancements and data cleanup within our PIM system
- Working with merchants, vendors and our global team to expand our product assortment
- End of program presentation to members of the management team
What you can expect from us:
- A challenging and meaningful work experience over 10 weeks – paid!
- A hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in person and remotely
- A mentor to work with you one-on-one to guide your impact
- Engagement opportunities with our executives and senior leadership
- Fun social, networking and volunteer opportunities with other interns
- A fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work on a team, as well as managing your own individual responsibilities
What we look for in our Interns:
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, IT or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in previous work experience and/or extracurriculars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Coachable and self-motivated to learn and exceed your own expectations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Tool Product Knowledge/Interest
Location: WHQ; Burnsville, MN/Hybrid
As a trusted family business, we honor and serve those who do the tough jobs. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding experience to make an impact, apply today!
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to our success. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of background, perspectives, and skills. At this time Northern Tool + Equipment cannot sponsor interns for employment authorization.