Data Analyst, Pricing & Operations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To develop standard reporting, analysis, and applications for the Merchandising, Pricing, and Operations area using the Business Intelligence (BI) analytic tools available to meet the needs of business users.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Leads projects to enhance the analytical capabilities of Merchandising, Pricing and Operations to enhance data-driven decision making in the business.
2. Develops, test, and deploys standard reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
3. Researches BI best practices and analytical methods to determine where best to implement.
4. Uses advanced data mining techniques to analyze, find significant data trends, and interprets results. Creates standard, recurring, and ad-hoc reports for management, and provides insights based on information as needed.
5. Builds and maintains relationships cross-functionally in order to stay current with the needs and operations of the business functional areas supported.
6. Provides training and assistance to peers to help them better understand reporting outcomes and capabilities. Provides support to pricing analysts on how to get data from the company BI environment, as well as other department analysts on best practices to build and analyze reporting data.
7. Identifies and implements process improvements, including opportunities for automation as it relates to data collection and distribution.
8. Learns and understands a broad range of data resources and knows when, how, and the type to use or not use at any given time. Provides thought leadership on best practices to other analysts.
9. Thinks strategically about the company’s in-house modeling and analytical capabilities and how they can best be used to grow overall company profitability.
10. Captures data requirements, builds and maintains ETL pipelines with Merchandising/Pricing 3rd party support companies.
11. Leads the technical and analytical training of the Pricing Analyst team.
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates product line opportunities and plans with others, where appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Statistics, Business, Economics, or Mathematics preferred.
• At least 3 years relevant work experience.
• At least 3 years’ experience with business intelligence tools, including SAS, PowerBI, SSMS required.
• Experience in SAS programming and Python is a plus.
• Experience working with Price Optimization and Merchandising Planning a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide follow-up research when necessary.
• Ability to effectively gather and manage information from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Strong math aptitude including understanding components of financial analysis and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
• Ability to be flexible and react quickly to change.
• Ability to travel on at least on a quarterly basis.
• Strong organizational skills in order to effectively manage a variety of responsibilities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.