Assembler - 1st Shift - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To assemble products in a manner that is timely, qualitative, efficient and safe.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Follows written procedures to assemble products in a timely manner.
- Ensures high quality of each product assembled.
- Operates various hand tools, such as air drills and screw guns, as necessary for production.
- Works on different areas of the lines, such as generator, pressure washer or log splitter line, as production schedule dictates.
- Reviews board containing goal and number of units achieved each day and reports on work card.
- Maintains a positive attitude and work in manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Mechanical ability or aptitude preferred.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Demonstrated ability to handle varied projects.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures as related to this position.
- Ability to complete projects with general instructions and within time constraints.
- Ability to consistently and efficiently perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk.
- Ability to speak and hear verbal instructions.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, 75 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 100 pounds.
- Work at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.