Senior Data Analyst/Modeler (Hybrid)
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking talented Senior Data Analyst/Modeler who wish to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and are looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Partner with a specific business function, be the Subject matter expert in Data & Analytics department for a specific business function, Gather and Analyze requirements, Do the data modeling, Wireframe the Dashboard requirements, partner with Data Architects, Data Engineers, Data Visualization Engineers to meet the needs of the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Owns a Data and Analytics POD focused on a business function to ensure solutions meet customer needs.
- Be the SME/Authority on Data and Visualization assets for a given business function.
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements related to data and analytics needs of the business.
- Analyze and understand various source systems and related data structures.
- Work with Data Architect and do the data model for a given business function and ensure adherence to a common data model.
- Collaborate with Data Architect/Data Engineers/Data Visualization Engineers to provide them with data mapping documents and wireframe documents.
- Completes change requests for new reports and enhancements in a timely manner with high quality.
- Works collaboratively and effectively communicate with others across departments in order to perform and complete necessary tasks and projects.
- Follows established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), change control, release management, and incident management processes while developing and deploying standard reports.
- Provides recommendations on the availability of existing reports and suggests opportunities to improve reporting solutions. Also, suggests improvements to the data model where applicable.
- Builds and maintains relationships cross-functionally in order to stay current with the needs and operations of the business functional areas supported.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency is required in Power BI, writing complex SQL, data mapping, and data modeling.
- Experience in working with Azure Synapse, Data Lake, and Azure storage is required.
- Working knowledge of the Extract, Translate, Load (ETL) process of transitioning a variety of data sources into analytical data sources is required.
- Prior experience using Agile methodology and Azure DevOps or equivalent is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels and communicate teams' progress to Champions, Stakeholders, and Business Leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Must be willing to work as a team and also possess the skills to work independently.
- Demonstrated work ethic; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in an agile environment with effectively working under pressure.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical design skills.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
• A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 121 locations in 22 states.
• Competitive wages plus commission.
• Clean and organized work environment.
• Supplied tools and uniforms.
• A defined training program to support your success.
• Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance, and more!
• Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.