Mobile Small Engine Mechanic
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Mon - Fri schedule!
Supplied vehicle, tools, & uniforms!
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family-owned retailer offering a wide selection of products — from consumer goods to industrial and construction equipment. We build lasting relationships with our customers who want to do it on their own to the seasoned pro. With over 120 store locations, we offer trustworthy customer service powered by deep product knowledge. We are looking for a driven mechanic who is a fast learner and takes pride in supporting the team to succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are searching for a Mobile Small Engine Mechanic to perform both in-store and mobile sales, service and repair of products. The Mechanic promotes strong customer service and satisfaction by completing jobs in a timely, professional manner. The Mechanic is also responsible for sourcing and ordering parts.
To learn more about the job and see one of our mechanics in action, click here to watch a short video.
- At least 3 years of experience repairing and maintaining small engines
- The skills to clearly explain the diagnosis and repair of the machine to the customer
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, including 110 and 220 volt electrical systems
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness
- The ability to travel locally and regionally up to 50% of the time with occasional overnight stays
- The ability to recognize and observe all safety and security procedures
- The desire to treat others with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit
- The drive to work with integrity, always upholding company values, while operating a profitable service business
- State driver’s license and any required qualifications to operate the mobile service vehicle
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
- Strong organizational skills and fluency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of small engine theory (2 and 4 stroke): lubrication, cooling, ignition and fuel systems
- Extensive experience with electrical systems, plunger driven or axial pressure washer pumps and unloader systems, hydraulic theory, and associated diagnostic equipment and procedures.
AT NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages plus commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition assistance and training programs to support your success
- Discounts on store products
- A clean and organized work environment with supplied tools, vehicle, and uniforms
- Laundry service for uniforms!
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.