Manufacturing Engineer II
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To support the Industrial Engineering function by managing projects, reviewing designs and completing administrative and engineering field support tasks based on manufacturing goals and initiatives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supports the production of manufactured products by interacting daily with assembly and fabrication departments, ensuring projects are implemented and tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Identifies work processes and quantifies the impact of bottlenecks, non value-added tasks, information gaps, delays, and waste. Identifies problems, root causes and evaluates options toward resolution. Makes recommendations and implements course of action to resolve issues. Follows through to ensure resolution.
- Implements new process innovation by designing, developing, recommending and implementing new procedures and methods to improve manufacturing operations and reduce costs.
- Takes responsibility for the preparation, development, monitoring and maintenance of project schedules.
- Facilitates work by outside contractors as assigned, overseeing work and making recommendations for modification.
- Interprets data gathered on production efficiency and uses knowledge and expertise to make recommendations for modification to processes.
- Takes an active role in the the promotion of a culture that encourages everyone to get involved in identifying and working on Kaizen projects. Identifies waste and successfully implements more efficient assembly procedures.
- Facilitates, maintains and promotes a safe, healthy and ergonomic work environment. Follows organization standards and all industry governing regulations.
- Takes ownership of the functionality and maintenance of automated test equipment.
- Works closely with other departments in the design and manufacturing of welding and assembly test fixtures and tools.
- Coordinates the implementation and promotion of LEAN principles: 5S, Eliminating Muda (waste), Visual Factory etcetera.
- Develops and implements new tools and technical knowledge of industrial engineering to ensure that Northern Manufacturing remains competitive in the market.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years of related job experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced manufacturing engineering concepts to daily work.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead a project with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Auto Cad Drafting softwares used in Industry.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.