Talent Acquistion Partner (Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
To proactively meet talent acquisition goals by providing recruiting expertise and support during all phases of the recruiting process.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leads the recruiting process for exempt and non-exempt positions. This includes creating job postings, sourcing, recruiting, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, extending employment offers and coordinating pre-employment screening and Onboarding process.
- Partners with Hiring Managers to understand position requirements and develop staffing plans in order to effectively source candidates for their openings. Maintains communication with hiring managers throughout the recruiting process for assigned positions.
- Ensures that the Company’s recruiting process is executed with high quality, compliance, professionalism and that it positively represents the employment brand. This includes training Hiring Managers as needed on the recruitment process.
- Works with staffing agencies to fill tough to staff positions or for unique needs. Ensures agencies provide quality candidates, costs are aligned with established contracts, and agency communication is optimized between talent acquisition and hiring managers.
- Manages temporary staffing, which includes vendor selection, working with staffing agencies to fill open orders, managing vendor onsite recruiter and monitoring staffing levels to ensure we have the appropriate number of temporary staff.
- Acts as an advocate for the Company’s employment brand and continually looks for ways to enhance the employment brand and makes appropriate recommendations for change.
- Reviews effectiveness of recruiting efforts through developing, conducting, and analyzing various staffing metrics and sharing these metrics with leadership.
- Ensures branding consistency of all recruitment and promotional materials such as recruiting brochures, job fair collateral, job posting formats, and online presence.
- Performs administrative tasks to facilitate the candidate’s hiring process, such as interview scheduling, making travel arrangements and initiating candidate onboarding process in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Acts as a main point of contact and as a talent acquisition expert for team members, Hiring Managers and the ATS vendor for system-related changes or projects.
- Organizes recruiting event, job fairs and represents the Company at these events as needed or assigned.
- Stays aware of the latest trends in the Talent Acquisition space to recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science or related area.
- At least 3 years of experience in Talent Acquisition field.
- At least 1 year of recruiting experience in manufacturing, distrubution, operations or supply chain preferred.
- High volume Exempt and Non-Exempt recruiting experience preferred.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices especially as they relate to recruiting.
- Knowledge of recruitment marketing and social recruiting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Microsoft Office experience, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Previous experience with Applicant Tracking System, preferably Jobvite.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee levels.
- Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.