Systems Support Analyst
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
To coordinate and implement all desktop systems, peripherals and end user devices that support the Company’s end-user community needs. To coordinate and maintain resources to ensure a proper work flow for support activities while maximizing efficiencies and effectiveness by communicating to managers, supervisors and network analysts.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides technical support to all users contacting the help desk. Identifies and troubleshoots problems in a timely manner, seeks assistance for problems that cannot be resolved and maintains appropriate communication to the user and/or management until the problem is resolved.
- Works closely with team members to ensure that all customers receive the highest level of customer service possible by using best practices and educated judgment to implement sound solutions or device configurations.
- Identifies solutions for end-users so they can be as efficient and effective as possible in their respective roles by leveraging existing system resources and software or researching potential solutions for possible implementation.
- Documents all technical support requests in the help desk ticketing software providing adequate detail to maintain an efficient escalation process as well as building an effective knowledge base. Maintains documentation of IT policies and procedures.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment, including serial numbers, licensing and configuration information and stays current with known system issues pertaining to operating systems or software conflicts.
- Uses research techniques and test lab environments to stay current with capabilities of existing desktop operating systems and end-user devices. Guides end-users in order to leverage capabilities of end-user devices in a productive manner.
- Implements and/or reconfigures systems as needed to achieve defined standards. Utilizes and manages imaging software, when appropriate, while preserving end-user configuration and file systems. Evolves the process and develops or updates procedures for desktop implementations so as to maximize support efficiency and minimize end-user downtime.
- Acts independently to identify solutions for end-users so they can be as efficient and effective as possible in their respective roles by leveraging existing system resources and software or researching potential solutions for possible implementation.
- Analyzes and implements standard desktop applications, including e-mail, so Help Desk Tier I support can be provided as needed to maximize a positive and effective environment for end-users to conduct their work.
- Completes the procedures necessary to ensure accurate operation of the Company’s computer systems and prepares and distributes related reports to essential personnel when needed. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves issues when workflow is interrupted.
- Ensures that all scheduled back-up procedures and special functions are properly run. Troubleshoots and resolves issues found and escalates when appropriate.
- Keeps supervisors and managers informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Actively looks for opportunities to enhance the Company’s ability to provide user support and takes initiative to act independently to facilitate the implementation of enhancements.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of technical or business school training in information systems.
- Certifications in related field preferred (ie CompTIA A+, CCNA, MSDST, MOS, MCAS, or MCSA).
- At least 2 years of related work experience in a support role preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of MIS systems and equipment.
- Understanding of networking which allows connectivity to servers, host machines and Internet.
- Ability to effectively analyze and troubleshoot connectivity issues for end users.
- Ability to effectively work with department staff, end users, and others.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Windows Desktop Operating System & Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Experience with VMWare or other systems virtualization preferred.
- Understanding of Warehouse Management (WM/PKMS) and related systems preferred.
- Experience with AS/400(IBMi) and AIX systems administration preferred.
- Experience with Dematic Sort Director or similar conveyor routing systems preferred.
- Knowledge of wireless network systems and mobile RF equipment used with WM systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel.
- Availability and willingness to work irregular hours.
- Ability to travel to other company locations on short notice.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.