Senior Manufacturing Buyer
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To support NTE manufacturing with procurement of global components to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing operations. To monitor ERP demand and oversee purchasing of assigned commodities, develop standards, and act as a primary point of contact for escalations regarding purchased parts. Inventory control and ability to implement process improvements within the ERP will be ongoing responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Buyer.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Timely purchases order submissions, including managing schedule changes to ensure continuous supply of required materials.
- Oversee supply problems that may impact operations including communicate, develop action plans, expedite options & analysis and source alternatives.
- Collaborates with planning, production, engineering, finance, and quality teams daily.
- Regularly reviews inventory usage and adjust ordering requirements as necessary.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement opportunities to reduce cost, lead time or workload.
- Facilitates disposition or return of defected product or obsoletion.
- Performs root cause and analysis and implements corrective actions for stock outs, missed deliveries, and non-conformance to drive permanent solutions.
- Negotiates agreements with existing and new vendors.
- Explores and vets alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Ensures data integrity for purchased raw materials and components.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs all other work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or supply chain or equivalent of years in a related purchasing/inventory management field.
- At least 5 years’ experience purchasing direct materials.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or SQL or Power BI or other reporting and analytical tools.
- Proficient with change management and implementing process improvements.
- Knowledge of D365 a plus.
- Prior experience with Kanban and lean manufacturing desired.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a wide variety of company personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to consistently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 25 pounds, 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.