Inventory Control Clerk / 1st shift
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To maintain the quality and accuracy of the inventory within the Distribution Center.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Inspects products in locations, ensuring that quantity is correct and the items are labeled properly.
2. Researches problems using Warehouse Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
3. Performs daily audits to ensure accuracy of received quantities, labeling practices.
4. Perform daily stock checks on customer service inquiries to include advertising errors.
5. Documents all errors found during any research pertaining to stock keeping unit (SKU) in question.
6. Completes all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and practices.
8. Follows standard operating procedures when performing job.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School education or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of experience in related position or field.
• Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to operate a Radio Frequency (RF) scanner and Warehouse Management computer equipment.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• At least 6 months experience with Warehouse Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
• At least 6 months data entry experience.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel at all levels.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to constantly lift up to 25 pounds
• Ability to rarely lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to rarely lift up to 100 pounds
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.