Senior Business Systems Analyst
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The BSA ensures alignment and involvement between the business and IT day-to-day for the organization’s business technology. Implement and support business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts. Identify business needs, document, and implement necessary processes and best practices. Monitor progress and results. Recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities. Adapt to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business process owners and subject matter experts.
- Manage key business relationships and expectations by leveraging the defined communication process to keep others up to date on system projects, enhancements, and support topics.
- Develop and maintain knowledge for business systems, needs and processes. Apply knowledge to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices.
- Participate in multiple projects, tasks and second level support.
- Apply system and business knowledge, analysis skills, leverage business relationships, work with development on solutioning, create and update documentation, manage scope, adjust schedules when necessary, determine daily priorities, ensure efficient and on-time delivery, follow proper escalation paths, and manage business expectations and relationships.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis, focusing on quality improvement and data management, ensuring data is reliable and valid, developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones, and ensure solutions meet the long-term business strategies.
- Provide project and support analysis – producing required analysis documentation (business and functional requirements, scope, use cases, diagrams, future state proposals, UAT test cases/plans).
- Elicit and lead requirements gathering, analysis and verification meetings and ensure final requirement statements are accurate, verifiable consistent, feasible and comprehensive.
- Collaborate closely with developers to prioritize work items, understand requirements, and plan production release contents and coordinate timing.
- Participate in the QA of solutions to ensure features and functions meet requirements and business needs as requested. Aid in the development of test plans, test conditions, test scripts, analyze and written test results, and maintain defect and enhancement lists.
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive). Establish and implement effective practices and participate in continuous improvement. Assess business processes and systems for inefficiencies and identify underlying patterns among business needs and system issues to find common solutions.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of project schedules by aiding in the development of project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts.
- Aid in the coordination, mentoring and management of new team members and any contracted staff.
- Inform manager of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinate and communicate plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information services, business administration, or work equivalent in related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Sr. BSA position.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, across disciplines, and with executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Superior analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with business process modeling tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops and/or TFS.
- Experience leading and participating in quality assurance activities.
- Experience with issue/defect/request logging and prioritizing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- An understanding of and experience with interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience writing documentation and procedures addressing user needs.
- Experience working with a diverse set of projects in addition to training or coaching others on best practices, standards, and guidelines related to the business analysis function.
- Experience preparing technical and other related documents by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing business requirements, information, and trends.
- Ability to engage stakeholders in meaningful and effective ways.
- Ability to communicate technology concepts effectively with technically proficient and non-technically proficient individuals.
- Deep understanding of business processes and strong business acumen across multiple business functions.
- Ability to lead cross functional efforts.
- Ability to influence others without a direct reporting relationship to achieve desired results.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and develop individuals and teams.
- Experience working with Retail, Financial, and Supply Chain applications preferred.
- Experience working with D365 a plus but not required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.