Product Engineer 2
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provide tactical engineering support for current production engineering (CPE) initiatives. Including production line support, product lifecycle management, and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) ownership.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Supports all aspects of engineering activities in areas related to products currently in production including manufacturing/assembly support, creation of engineering change documentation, and compliance to regulatory agencies. Ensures best in class solutions that meet competitive market requirements.
2. Creates, maintains, and supports robust Value Analysis/Value Engineering processes and demonstrates governance such that processes are followed.
3. Ideates, creates and implements alternatives for substitution of materials and methods. Identifies savings and implements accordingly.
4. Supports new product/process development by recommending and implementing new procedures, participation in Kaizen activities, and involvement in cost reduction practices.
5. Coordinates testing and release of prototype components for fabrication and assembly.
6. Communicates design changes by creating Engineering Change Notice documentation. Coordinates and communicates changes with other departments as directed.
7. Develops owner manuals and technical documentation, developing parts explosions, charts and cost containment documentation as required.
8. Manages and facilitates product support training programs as needed.
9. Keeps the supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
10. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
⦁ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited school. Advanced degree desired.
⦁ At least 2 years of experience in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering with strong VA/VE experience.
⦁ Demonstrated ability to manage complex and multiple projects at once.
⦁ Business management and evaluation skills, including but not limited to budgeting, project management, and resource allocation.
⦁ Understanding of foundational LEAN principles and best practices.
⦁ Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel, customers, suppliers, and others.
⦁ Proactively pursues and completes complex projects with minimal instructions, under budget restrictions and within time requirements.
⦁ Ability to understand, influence and positively relate to employees at all levels.
⦁ Excellent consulting and listening skills.
⦁ Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
⦁ Proficient in personal computer and software applications including 3D computer aided design (CAD) software and Product Data Management (PDM) software.
⦁ Ability to travel up to 5% of time for 5 days durations.
⦁ Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
⦁ Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
⦁ Ability to frequently lift to 10 pounds.
⦁ Ability to rarely lift to 50 pounds.
⦁ Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus.