Distribution Center Team Lead - 1st Shift (Monday-Thursday) 5 am - 3:30
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To facilitate the efficient flow of work throughout the Distribution Center in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives from management personnel.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides work direction and training to all associates as necessary to ensure appropriate work flow, and the proper handling and disposition of all products.
- Leads, trains, and operates in a manner which provides the best possible customer service experience to all internal and external customers.
- Oversees resolutions of all overs, shorts, damages, and discrepancies; serves as a liaison with all external customers.
- Schedules all outbound shipments and coordinate trailer moves with carriers. Schedules all incoming supply deliveries.
- Conducts material handling equipment certification testing.
- Assists supervisor to assess associate staffing requirements and assignments; fully supports and helps communicate the requirements of the Labor Management (LM) program.
- Ensures all personnel follow standard operating procedures and adhere to stated productivity requirements while performing their job.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Leads by example and works to support a productive and efficient work environment.
- Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of related experience in a distribution center environment.
- Willingness to learn including taking additional training as needed.
- Ability to positively influence others and demonstrated ability to take on additional responsibility.
- Ability to work a varied schedule based upon business needs.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Certification to operate all power equipment as required.
- PC experience as it relates to the essential functions of the position. Knowledge of the Warehouse Management System (WMS), and Labor Management System required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly lift up to 25pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to rarely lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work at heights up to 32 feet.
- Ability to operate and be certified as a trainer on forklift, reach truck, stock picker, dock stocker, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Protective hand wear required (gloves issued for individual assignment)