Facilities/Construction Project Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To support the Facilities department with various projects focusing on procurement, development, installation and follow up on new store setups, remodels, relocates and store closing. To coordinate and manage large capital projects and assist in daily department operations.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Supports the planning and coordinating of all phases in the new store set-up process, including project management, procurement, and development.
2. Directs vendor workforce and manages projects on-site without supervision for extended periods of time.
3. Responsible for planning/implementation and development of remodels, relocations, and store closings.
4. Reviews planning, budgeting and implementation of major facilities projects including department moves, roofing projects, paving projects and other capital expenditures, including, but not limited to site supervision and acceptance of project.
5. Provides schedule and regular updates on progress and planned completion of assigned projects in a fiscally responsible manner to the Facilities Manager. Assists Facilities Manager in the completion of these projects.
6. Assists in the management of daily leadership of Facilities and Maintenance areas, provides supervision in the absence of management team members.
7. Oversees and assists Facilities Manager in software functions including Facilities Management Software.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
• At least 2 years experience working in facilities management or the construction industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the construction industry.
• Ability to read blueprints required.
• Basic knowledge of business accounting practices.
• Successfully completes all assignments within established budgets and timeframes.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to supervise and direct 1 to 20 contractors while working on projects.
• Previous experience using AutoCad 2000 preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including the ability to effectively work with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel and outside contacts.
• Ability to travel up to 3 weeks at a time per month as needed.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.