Regional Parts & Service Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage the parts and service operations and financial performance in assigned region in a professional and consistent manner, striving to achieve business goals and results.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Provides guidance to all service center personnel within the assigned region, partnering with the Store Managers and Regional Sales Manager as needed to achieve results.
2. Leads parts and service business development efforts for the region to establish and maintain long term consumer and commercial customers.
3. Monitors all company-sponsored promotions and actively seeks to maximize alternate sources of revenue generated by the service centers, including but not limited to parts sales, billing of technician hours and warranty claims.
4. Performs visits to each service center at least quarterly, prepares visit report and sends report to Regional Sales Manager and Corporate team.
5. Ensures that adequate parts stock is on hand and that parts orders are being placed and received in a timely manner. Recommends new parts lines for the service centers based on market opportunity. Analyzes parts inventory to improve parts turns and keep obsolete parts inventory to a minimum.
6. Analyzes sales, billed labor hours, gross margin, parts returns and other related metrics and sets priorities on all service center tasks in order to manage the work schedule and flow in the most efficient manner.
7. Keeps service center personnel informed of new products, local advertising, price changes and other significant information pertaining to sales activities. Facilitates regular service center strategy calls to review shop operations, financial results and follow-up on service center tasking.
8. Assists in handling high level customer complaints by working with store managers and service personnel on escalated situations. Ensures all service personnel follow established customer service standards.
9. Ensures that service center personnel follow all company safety standards, as well as, the approved work processes.
10. Oversees internal audits and physical inventories in each service center location. Actively seeks to minimize shrink of inventory and protect the store against shoplifting and internal theft.
11. Coordinates with the Regional Sales Manager and parts and service team in making decisions on staffing levels at each service center. Participates in the selection process of new employees for service centers. Interviews and coordinates with store leadership and corporate parts and service team in selecting appropriate candidates.
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• High school education or equivalent. Two years of college or related technical training preferred.
• At least one year of related retail sales experience.
• At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Travel to assigned stores up to 50%, including overnight travel required.
• Knowledge of small engine equipment and repair, including hydraulics.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and knowledge of basic software programs.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Analytical and independent thinking skills.
• Ability to understand, analyze and interpret key business metrics.
• Ability to effectively communicate changes utilizing leadership and influencing skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and others.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Indirect supervision of:10-20 non-exempt employees