Real Estate Development - Construction Intern
Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2023 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The program also connects participants with management at various levels of the organization and provides an inside view of Northern’s environment and culture. The program structure includes an end-of-program project presentation by the intern to members of Northern’s management team.
Real Estate Development – Construction
As an Intern within Real Estate Development – Construction you’ll get the opportunity to put your unique fingerprint on the continuous improvement experience at Northern. You’ll be an active member of the Construction team as we look to grow Northern’s retail footprint. We are a team that champions change, removes roadblocks and builds a culture where everyone can win together!
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and attend weekly construction meetings with assigned mentor
- Assist with construction plan review; coordinate weekly reports from General Contractors and/or Developers; participate in onsite site visits and other construction related duties
- Work independently or in a group setting as needed based on the assigned project and/or needs of the business
- End of program presentation to members of the management team
- A challenging and meaningful work experience over 10 weeks – paid!
- A hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in person and remotely
- A mentor to work with you one-on-one to guide your impact
- Engagement opportunities with our executives and senior leadership
- Fun social, networking and volunteer opportunities with other interns
- A fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work on a team, as well as managing your own individual responsibilities
What we look for in our Interns:
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, or related field
- Demonstrated leadership capability in previous work experience and/or extracurriculars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Coachable and self-motivated to learn and exceed your own expectations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to read blueprints and operate CAD software
Location: WHQ; Burnsville, MN
As a trusted family business, we honor and serve those who do the tough jobs. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding experience to make an impact, apply today!
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to our success. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of background, perspectives, and skills. At this time Northern Tool + Equipment cannot sponsor interns for employment authorization.