PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
To provide end-to-end analytical and daily support to company-wide programs that drive a best in class employee benefits user experience. To seek and execute process and system improvement through exposure and understanding all areas of Total Rewards with a focus on benefits programs, including but not limited to employee advocacy, strategy, and compliance.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and recommends process improvement alternatives that reduce administrative effort, increase efficiency, while improving user experience. Understands and participates in all areas of Total Rewards to support cyclical initiatives such as annual enrollment, merit/AIP, yearend, etc. Participates with internal strategy development meetings and also with vendors.
- Participates in meetings and discussions with leaders to provide ideas and solutions related to benefit and compensation programs or strategies.
- Enables trust across 3rd party resources through dedicating time to vendors, relationship building, and keeping up to date on new products and compliance changes. Measures user experience ensures service levels are met through employee/member surveys and other sources.
- Supports and manages escalations between departments, 3rd party vendors and employees, such as confirming employee hours worked, and managers and HRBP inquires throughout the leave process. Shares results with leave administrator vendor to improve future communications or data integrations improvements.
- Ensures compliance is maintained in all benefit-related areas and works with 3rd parties and internal resources on employee communication, required mailings/postings and plan amendments. Works with 3rd party resources to ensure timely updates and distribution of plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs).
- Works with internal and external auditors on benefit-related audit requests and tasks such as annual 401(k) testing and performing any necessary research timely and accurately to resolve discrepancies.
- Manages the Company 401(k) plan, such as auditing participation levels and services offered by the third-party administrator, verifying employee eligibility and Company matching contributions, hardships and loans are processed correctly by the vendor.
- Reviews vendor invoices and ensures processes are followed. Completes random auditing to find billing errors and remedies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert or resource to team members that are responding to benefits-related tasks, such as answering employee benefits questions. Identifies and resolves pain points from information from employee questions and feedback. Uses that information to interacts with key stakeholders to bring resolution through various methods such as, creating Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or other communications and education strategies.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- At least 4 years of Human Resources experience, with emphasis in benefits.
- Strong knowledge of COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, HIPAA and FLSA regulations as well as general knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Passion for improving the user experience and process improvement.
- Compensation experience with merit, AIP and modeling preferred.
- Six sigma or other process improvement certification preferred.
- Vendor management experience including holding vendors to service level agreements and building and nurturing relationships.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP preferred.
- Strong analytical, computer and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Genuine interest in people-oriented work; must display a positive and caring attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict resolution situations when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all employee levels.
- Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.