Hours: Part Time 6:00am-2:00pm
Days: to be determined
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented according to Community and HallKeen standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the food service director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to company standards.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the overall food quality and presentation of meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- In the absence of the food service director oversees daily operations of the kitchen helping to maintain high standards for food preparation and service.
- Assist food service director in menu planning and development based on resident likes and dislikes.
- Adhere to and train staff and standard food safety practices.
- Assist with planning, preparation, and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- When applicable acquaint new residents with menus, seating, and dining options and hours.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Assist with keeping kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist Food Service Director with in-services.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend monthly in-services
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules.
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and service
- Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers and residents
- Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service
- Able to handle multiple jobs and priorities
- Accepts direction from superiors or other experienced staff
- Shares job knowledge or resident information with others as needed
- Gives and welcomes feedback