Assembler I - Swing Shift
Position Title: Assembler I
About Nortek Air Management:
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: The Assembler is responsible for preparing air handler units for assembly, working on shop floor, building plenums, grids and feeder components such as fans and filter racks.
Position Key Attributes
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Cleaning air handler and grids
- Installing filters
- Basic assembly duties
- May operate a screw gun
- Installs wall panels, doors and internal parts
- Finish caulking work
- Helps install wall panels, doors, internal parts and install fans and filter racks
- Able to work independently and with others
- Able to stand for prolonged periods on a concrete floor
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Must have average manual dexterity
- Able to climb ladders
- Able to work in high areas
- Must speak, read and write English
Education and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.