Position Title: Buyer III
About Nortek Air Solutions
We're on a mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more productive. We are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence. Nortek was established in 1977 and offer the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVVAC) brands in North America. We offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation.
Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. May require a bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. May report to an executive or a manager.
- Research, contact, and select potential vendors to receive proposals for price, quality, and timeliness of delivery.
- Makes independent judgment on purchases up to authorized dollar limits and specifications in conformance with established procurement procedures and legal requirements.
- Recommends current and/or new vendors.
- Vendor management
- Conveys delivery, inventory and quality goals to vendors and likewise communicates issues related to product delivery or inventory to internal stakeholders.
- Processes Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and Change Orders
- Updates vendor files using ERP purchasing software.
- Expedites orders, working with the plant and production control, to meet production schedules.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination
- Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Experienced buyer familiar with negotiation and program administration (VMI, consignment, etc.).
- 5-8 Years plus purchasing experience.
- ERP/MRP experience; Microsoft Dynamics AX (DAX) experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside resources and all levels of internal resources.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently, and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Starting at 4 weeks of paid time off for vacation/sick
- 8 paid holidays
- Hybrid work option (partially remote)
- Company provided health insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options
- 401-k match of 50% on your contribution up to 6%
- Education Reimbursement of $5,250/year for qualifying programs and courses
Nortek Air Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.