Demand Planning Manager
Demand Planning Manager
Business Divisions: Nortek Global HVAC
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: O’Fallon, MO
Business Unit: Supply Chain
About Nortek Global HVAC
Since 1919, Nortek Global HVAC has been a company of problem solvers. We approach heating and cooling not by looking at what’s been done, but rather by what our customers need. Sometimes the answers are in the equipment itself, but often times the answers lie outside the box. At Nortek Global HVAC, we manufacture. We engineer. But most of all, we listen. We are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The Demand Planning Manager is a subject matter expert for decision making around demand forecasts. This position is responsible for supporting the daily operations and optimization of SAP DP and APO planning processes to forecast demand based on history, trends, seasonality along with sales and customer inputs.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of safety.
- Has integrity, works transparently, and treats others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Daily review of forecast based on history, customer input, seasonality, and growth.
- Maintain planning parameters to support desired demand prioritization.
- Help determine best fit forecast models by product type.
- Lead weekly/monthly customer interaction calls to determine accurate forecasting and open orders.
- Identify and correct planning issues.
- Phase in new product introductions and phase out obsoleted materials.
- Maintain Item Master integrity to ensure desired planning results.
- Help develop standardized procedures to support an integrated planning process.
- Monitors and maintains monthly forecasting KPIs.
- Collaborate with Sales, Supply Chain, and Plant production planners for accurate scheduling and forecasting.
- Drive demand planning process improvements and best practices to develop and evolve analytics and improve time-phased forecast accuracy.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience
- Five (5) or more years related Demand Planning/Supply Chain experience
- Demonstrated experience with SAP DP and APO
- Super user in the DP/SIOP environment
- Experience with simulation versions in both APO and ECC
- Knowledge of various Forecasting Models and Forecasting Techniques
- Experience in generating and changing characteristic value combinations, macros, and creating statistical forecast
- Experienced in “Like Modeling” in demand planning
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts, and pivot tables; proficiency with functions such as sumif, vlookup, etc.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with proven impact influencing stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Work with great attention to detail
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Nortek Global HVAC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.