Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Business Divisions: Nortek Global HVAC
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: O’Fallon
Business Unit: Marketing
About Nortek Global HVAC
Since 1919, Nortek Global HVAC has been a company of problem solvers. We approach heating and cooling not by looking at what’s been done, but rather by what our customers need. Sometimes the answers are in the equipment itself, but often times the answers lie outside the box. At Nortek Global HVAC, we manufacture. We engineer. But most of all, we listen. We are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The Digital Marketing Manager is a charismatic leader capable of rallying a creative and productive digital team to develop and execute strategies and programs to conceive, build and maintain the most effective and cost-efficient digital assets available.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- Ability to select and hire “A” players, continuously develops employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages underperformers.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Responsible for the execution and overall management of the internet marketing plans for all product lines as disseminated by the Marketing Communications group. This includes annual/long range planning, budget management and SEO optimization
- Works closely with Information Technology (IT) Department to identify and implement application development methodologies for superior online functionality and overall user experience
- Implements Internet/website strategy and develops assets
- Monitors Internet performance with respect to current KPIs (Unique Visitors, Visits, % of New Visitors, Average Time on Site, Pages Viewed per Visit and Most Viewed Page, etc.) and other key metrics and reports on same to Management with recommendations for action, where necessary. Also performs cost-benefit analysis for proposed web implementations, enhancements, and modifications
- Ensures security of all websites and related applications. Also performs periodic website audits in conjunction with IT and outside vendors to ensure the heath and performance of the websites
- Works with cross functional teams to define, develop, and execute overall long-term strategy for internet marketing, including standards and guidelines for technical design based on business goals and input from stakeholders
- Works closely with Product Managers and Sales to develop and support online strategies/tactics related to product and program launches and updates ensuring consistency with the overall Corporate Branding and Marketing Communications Plan
- Works with cross functional teams to develop and E-commerce strategy and implement appropriate infrastructure to support sales efforts and goals
- Develops regular, thorough analyses of competitor, customer and industry sites and recommends appropriate actions to create competitive advantages and/or counter competitive threats – Drive traffic to appropriate pages.
- Establishes policies and procedures for publishing web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators (Digital Protocol)
- Implements electronic communication programs that utilize e-newsletters, e-blasts, internet advertising, portals, e-commerce platforms, etc. to communicate product introductions, promotions and other news to target customers and consumers identified in existing contact data bases
- Develops and coordinates comprehensive plan to fulfill customer web requirements
- Confidently and competently lead outside web development firms
- Manages direct reports tasked with identifying, finding, diagnosing and fixing website problems, including broken links (internal and external), typographical errors and formatting inconsistencies
- Develops and implements SEO strategy to secure and maintain page one ranking and top positioning
- Develops and implements plans for delivering content to intranets, extranets, portals, websites, document repositories, content management systems, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, or journalism with a minimum of 5 years of progressive internet/digital project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with web/digital strategy, design, development methodologies, usability, and QA processes.
- Strong understanding of marketing and IT functions.
- Experience running and managing website development, online marketing, E-commerce, intranet, social media, web analytics and email marketing programs.
- Understands IP addressing, DNS, Domain Names and MX records management
- Strong team leader with ability to collaborate, motivate and manage diverse peer groups and cross-functional teams in achievement of goals. Proven ability to drive to completion of projects within budget.
- Must possess strategic thinking skills
- Experience managing agencies
- Strong understanding of program management
- Highly motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented; able to handle a broad range of activities with a “can do” attitude. Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate project status and issue and maintain launch plans to all stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in standard web technologies including IIS, Tomcat, Apache and basic Windows Server Management, HTML, CSS Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture and CRM experience.
- Hands-on experience with web databases such as SQL and MySQL
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design
- Possess the ability to navigate through code and systems to understand what can be changed and how to change if required
- Understanding of Kentico based website housed in Azure
- Practical experience using content management systems such as Sitefinity – developing, coding, installing, testing, debugging and documenting web applications using appropriate editors
- Able to recommend and implement applicable hardware, software, platforms, publishing tools and programming languages for the development of web architecture
- Able to assess and recommend web authoring, development and publishing tools as required
- Travel as needed – 10-20%
- Attendance at key industry meetings and shows
Nortek Global HVAC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.