Position Title: Lean Practitioner
About Nortek Air Solutions
We're on a mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more productive. We are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The Lean Manufacturing Practitioner evaluates the current state of the flow of material and product through the plant and leads Kaizen events to optimize performance and processes. Works with design and engineering departments to assist with new product integration and new part integration into our manufacturing processes. Assists with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving operations and processes.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently, and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to ignite and lead change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Create and maintain value stream mapping of the organization as improvement initiatives are implemented
- Specification, budgeting, and justification of capital equipment
- Interest in welding, sheet metal fabrication, assembly, and electrical processes
- Involved in mixed responsibilities and priorities based on business needs
- Applies project management skill set to manage all projects under their scope (Plant / Department or Area) while ensuring timeline and targets (which includes savings or additional impact calculations and approvals, project documentation and 12 months tracking for sustainability) are met
- Provides engineering evaluations and information to answer technical questions or requests from internal and external sources
- Evaluate yield and cost of manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research studies on both internal and external costs
- Above average ability to effectively communicate in oral, written and graphical form
- Other duties as assigned
- Formal training in a Lean Certification Program required
- Documented Lean Practitioner required
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent degree or experience
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience with conventional project management, strong organizational and time management abilities
- 2+ years of experience with product and process development
- Experience with robotic welding or assembly preferred
- Experience with DAX MRP preferred
- Eager to learn and take issues head on
- Comfortable in an environment with a high degree of variance between areas and processes
- Proficiency reading and interpreting technical drawings including GD&T
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Position and Company Benefits:
- This will be an exposure to High-Mix, Low-Volume environment where you will get to get involved in all functions within the manufacturing process.
- Starting at 4 weeks of paid time off for vacation/sick
- 8 paid holidays
- Company provided health insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options
- 401-k match of 50% on your contribution up to 6%
- Education Reimbursement of $5,250/year for qualifying programs and courses
Nortek Air Solutions offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.