About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: Perform a wide variety of duties to develop, implement and maintain new manufacturing processes, as well as implement changes to existing manufacturing methods, which will increase the cost effectiveness, quality and competitiveness of the company.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Research, propose and implement new and/or improved manufacturing processes and technologies that consider safety, quality, manufacturability, and productivity.
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests (CERs), specifications and Purchase Orders.
- Track existing projects from start to finish including follow-up with project teams and individuals as well as conduct project team meetings.
- Coordinate interface between various functions of the company (i.e. Safety, Tooling, Plant Controller, Maintenance, Design, MIS, Fabrication Engineers, OMS Illustrator, and Engineering Clerk) as related to product and process changes and information.
- Prepare and present new project ideas and/or concepts to supervisors, plant manager and staff for safety/ergonomic, product, process, quality, or cost improvements.
- Write requirements and specifications for new and existing processes and equipment.
- Create and maintain plant lay-outs and participate in layout modifications and improvements.
- Provide the technical engineering support for the plant and related functions.
- Design and perform statistical analysis on new and existing or proposed processes.
- Conduct and coordinate training of line workers with respect to critical process interfaces.
- Meet with vendors on new process development or equipment; and conduct vendor try-outs on new equipment.
- Coordinate introduction of engineering and process changes (ECM & MCO).
- Manage routings and labor standards, SOE (Sequence of Events), process maps, product sync’s, and OMSs (Operational Method Sheets) for assigned products and processes
- Perform DFT line design /changes for assigned products using Lean methodology.
- Develop and implement new cost improvement projects (CIP) and/or items.
- Lead teams in major new product and process introductions.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities (Lean, Kaizen, etc.)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Must have a B.S. Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Systems Engineering with at least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficient with: SolidWorks, Auto CAD, SAP, Toolkit, Microsoft Office and Outlook, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Project.
- Ability to resolve safety, production, and quality issues and implementing product changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and project management skills.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words.
- Team player, the ability to work cooperative and communicate well with inter-departmental personnel and with others outside of the department.
- High level of motivation to hit deadlines and move projects through to completion.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.