Director Product Management
Reports to: VP Marketing
Position Title: Director - Product Management
Who We Are:
At Nortek Global HVAC (NGH), we have a passion to make the world breathe easier. We engineer top-tier residential, commercial, and manufactured housing HVAC equipment that our contractors love to install, our end-users comfortably enjoy, and our partners proudly carry. As a Madison IAQ company, we are committed to our mission of making the world safer, healthier, and more productive. Our mission, alongside our core values of trust, bias for action, and an entrepreneurial spirit are what enables us to build something truly remarkable that will long outlast us.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for leading the overall strategy, vision, and direction of NGH’s product offerings within our residential/manufactured housing/national account segments. This is inclusive of gathering and prioritizing requirements for the products, working with GM’s on goals, and collaborating with other key stakeholders (engineering, marketing, quality, sales and operations) in order to ensure financial and customer goals are met. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for enabling team growth and expansion for their direct report team. Additionally, this is a working director role, this role will be managing a portion of our product line while also leading the team.
- Responsible for helping to achieve profit and revenue plans for the product segments, by leading the annual strategic business plan development process for the team including SWOT, competitive analysis, strategies, tactics, product roadmap, product functionality, prioritization, etc.
- Manage, develop, and mentor the team of product managers by providing vision and role clarity, leadership, coaching, training, and accountability to the team.
- Work closely with GM’s, VP Marketing, other managers, and stakeholders to align priorities and organizational goals with the Product Management function.
- Interact with our best customers to gather their feedback on potential new and existing features, create demand for our products, and review future roadmaps.
- Drive proactive product lifecycle management in alignment with the strategic business plan and overall business strategy.
- Identify emerging market trends and impact to product portfolio and modify the strategic business plan to best meet these needs.
- Partner effectively with engineering, operations, and project management to drive requirements clarity and make scope tradeoff decisions.
- Proactively lead the annual review process for go to market plans to senior leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with Marketing team to help develop buyer personas, positioning statements, messaging, lead generation, and sales enablement strategies for on-going and new launch products.
- Work with IT to test or troubleshoot sales and product management software and recommend improvements as needed.
- Develop product launch “Play books” that define target audience, messaging strategy, sales strategy, promotional plan, and distribution focus.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in engineering or technical field, Masters in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Have extensive expertise in Product Development and Product Management (3-5+ years), as well as a broad understanding of the commercial implications of Product Management within the broader context of the organization.
- Past experience leading and developing a team of product managers.
- Proven experience launching products in a B2B, distributor GTM model.
- Experience owning development of a product and working cross-functionally with engineers, designers, quality, sales, and manufacturing professionals.
- Ability to work with urgent deadlines, changing priorities, and multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiative, but also be a strong team player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills resulting in data-driven decisions.
- Ability to establish a vision for the team and future of NGH products.
- General business and technological knowledge, including full understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with project management basics.
- Proven leadership and management skills, written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Nortek Global HVAC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about NGH, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.