Materials Manager - Supply Chain and Warehouse
Materials Manager - Supply Chain and Warehouse
Business Divisions: Nortek Data Center Cooling
Time Type: Full Time
Classification: ☒ Salary
Specific Location: Oklahoma City
Business Unit: Data Center Cooling
Reports To: Director of Operations
Nortek DCC is a leading manufacturer of data center cooling technology. We provide effective, sustainable air and water solutions that are built to keep up with the companies that use them. We work all over the world and understand the unique benefits and challenges of operating in any environment.
The Materials Manager will oversee the planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements. This includes the management and oversight of the purchasing and warehouse functions.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of the inventory system.
- Works with Buyers and Suppliers to schedule delivery of materials and/or supplies to align with Production Forecasts.
- Places Purchase Orders required to support customer demand and business processes.
- Manages and monitors storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end physical inventory.
- Works with Quality Manager to ensure non-conforming materials are returned timely and partners with Quality Team to support Supplier Corrective Action requests.
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical plans to meet the materials delivery schedule
- Manage relationships with external supplier purchasing contacts.
- Resolve complex system or process issues related to the Materials Team.
- Support 5S and Lean Initiatives to align with Nortek practices.
- Maintain physical warehouse organization and inventory accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and effective internal controls of physical inventory.
- Provide strategic direction for procurement efforts.
- Provide leadership through communication of company vision and implementation of business goals.
- Knowledge and experience of purchasing principles and practices, methods and procedures used in competitive procurement.
- Ability to conduct business within a continuous improvement / team-based environment, including customer feedback, operational and performance measurements.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and exercise sound judgment to arrive at appropriate business decisions. This includes a sense of balance between risks involved, timeliness, cost factors and other considerations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and produce accurate detailed work on time.
- Ability to be creative, pro-active, and organized, and to work independently and on teams.
- Manages and trains Purchasing and Warehouse teams to ensure alignment to company objectives and processes.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Education, Training and Skills Required:
- A minimum of 5 years of plant level operations experience in a high-volume / mixed -model production environment is required. Experience serving large customers and understanding how to meet their complex needs is preferred. 5 plus years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Business Management, or other related discipline preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and the ability to effectively navigate an ERP system.
- Experience with contract manufacturing negotiation and materials requirement planning.
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Capable of utilizing ERP system (Infor Syteline) in managing the planning process for purchasing and warehouse activities.
- Experience in managing warehouse activities, including but not limited to; FIFO principles, Cycle-counting, Receiving, and Inventory picking & transactions.
- Change Agent – skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with client groups and frontline teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong business teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer service.
- Comprehensive experience including knowledge of raw material processing, electronic component sourcing, assembly procedures, quality control measures and methods, packaging and shipping standards and markings.
- Manufacturing and production planning experience a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with limited direction.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.