Facilities Maintenance Worker
Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Worker
About Nortek Global HVAC
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Resourceful Maintenance Technician that is highly skilled in interpreting electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, technical manuals and HVAC trouble shooting and repair. Able to fix drywall, and paint. Committed to providing excellent communication, and service while working in a team environment.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and
- can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This position will allow growth and gain experience in a wide variety of facility maintenance tasks, working both individually and with a close-knit group that values teamwork and open communication.
- Conforms to model shop and lab safety practices, keeps current with methods, procedures and processes.
- Performs repair and upkeep of the building equipment and machinery.
- Conduct preventive maintenance and inspections of the facility systems and equipment at required intervals.
- Inspection and maintenance of the facility safety equipment and devices such as emergency lighting, fire suppression system, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, exhaust systems, etc.
- Ability to conduct carpentry related tasks such as wall construction and drywall application.
- Perform some light housekeeping related tasks such as soap disperser/sanitizer refilling, spot vacuuming, cleaning and trash removal as needed.
- Able to perform some basic electrical wiring for appliance and lighting devices.
- Repair plumbing issues that may include rest room fixtures, drains, water supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of HVAC system operation and ability to perform basic maintenance and service for those systems as needed.
- Understands concepts and applications related to facility maintenance function.
- Safety- above all.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience in building, mechanical equipment maintenance and repair, or combination of education /technical school equivalent and work experience.
- Knowledge of various computer programs to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Refrigerant handling certification.
- Training in troubleshooting of electrical and electronic circuits.
- Training in troubleshooting and repair of HVAC systems.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Plumbing knowledge and experience.
- Able to work independently or in a close team with minimal supervision.
- Good communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time, will work in diverse environmental conditions.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.