Associate Electrical Engineer
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
As a member of the technical staff, the electrical engineer is responsible for the design of new electrical products up to full production. This includes specification reviews, development of program timelines and reports, design reviews, documentation packages, electrical schematic pre-production builds, and transfers to production. This position will also provide technical support for existing products already built, released, and installed at customer locations.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Designs electrical schematics per submittals
- Provides technical support and serves as a point of contact for customer support when needed
- Designs and tests electronic and electro-mechanical products
- Writes procedures, reports, and other technical documents as needed
- Participates in team projects
- Provides technical support to Sales, Marketing, and manufacturing personnel to support bids, proposals, and issues that arise out on the manufacturing floor
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- 0-2 years of electrical design engineering experience
- Strong CAD proficiency with EPLAN or Promise-E (AutoCAD Electric is acceptable)
- Ability to design electrical power systems for motors and motor control systems
- Ability to efficiently utilize Microsoft outlook, excel, and word applications
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively utilizing schematics, technical documentation, and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to safely and effectively utilize hand and power tools.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficient in English.
- Ability to interact with employees and contractors in a manner to achieve set goals
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls
- Knowledge of NEC, UL508A, and NFPA 70 as they apply to industrial control panels, motors and motor control systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation for flow, temperature, pressure, and actuators
- Experience with human machine interfaces (HMI) including programming and troubleshooting
- Experience with Tridium Niagara programming software and controllers
- Familiarity with short circuit current ratings (SCCR)
- Hands-on experience with measurement of electrical power, wiring of electrical panels and circuitry, and effective troubleshooting methods and techniques related to control panels and field wired devices.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.