Sales Director New Business
Sales Director New Business
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Classification: ☒ Salary ☐ Hourly
Specific Location: Remote
Business Unit: Sales
Relocation is NOT being offered
About Nortek CleanSpace™
Nortek CleanSpace is a business unit in the Nortek Air Solutions group, a Madison IAQ company. Our company’s mission is making the world Safer, Healthier and More Productive. By living our core values of Bias for Action, Trust and Entrepreneurship, our team develops and delivers premier cleanroom air management technologies that are energy efficient, using sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations.
The cleanroom market is an exciting and rapidly growing environment in semiconductor and healthcare manufacturing. The Sales Director New Business is the primary accountable role for revenue expansion from market/business growth and channel development in target new markets, customers and representatives (expand the wallet vs share of wallet focus). S/he will win new business opportunities by identifying, engaging and delivering new customer relationships and educating the target growth market(s) on our value propositions – how we will make our customers more successful in their markets. This role is instrumental to our Americas growth plans.
- New cleanroom air management solutions selling to new customers and markets across the North Americas.
- Setting aggressive and achievable new revenue growth targets for annual plans and three-year strategic goals, and executing the supporting tactical marketing plans for major customers
- Expanding our market understanding from ongoing market feedback and new customer engagements, to ensure our continued ability to meet market needs.
- Display strong external focus through a keen awareness of market conditions, customer and competitor activities and their related opportunities for the business.
- Establishing product awareness to and building relationships with key channel stakeholders including consultants/project representatives, installing contractors, and specifying engineers on new projects
- Identifying potential jobs/projects across North Americas and secure bid from independent rep or end customer, and establishing supporting review process with operations, sourcing, and engineering to understand requirements and future needs.
- Extensive travel required, >75%
- Compiling customer requirements clearly and execute internal and external ROI assumptions against cost calculations and timing.
- Conferring with VP/GM CleanSpace on sales, review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and locations.
- Assist in all departmental functions as required and perform other duties as required
- A mindset for Bias for Action, Trust and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of sales success and acumen, with a strong underlying desire to hunt and win new business.
- Technical sales experience, engaging with multiple stakeholders and influencers to deliver a successful win
- Significant sales management skills, including negotiations, contract development, lead tracking and management, customer marketing tactics
- Background in cleanroom industry a big plus
- Strong businesses agility skills, adjusting and moving forward given any challenge, change or barrier.
- Extensive travel required (75%+).
- Skills and capability on all supporting business software.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills and ability to engage at all levels within a customer organization, from C-level to sourcing.
- Strong presentation skills and experience of successful large group presentations.
- Strong organizational skills, with proven record of successful scorecard keeping and tracking, comfort with setting and delivering on KPIs.
- Proven ability to work independently with a focus on results, not tasks. Taking ownership of outcomes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle high volume workload.
Personal Key Attributes
- Personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable in support of our Safety core value.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to think strategically, solve problems and create a motivating team environment.
- High integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Bias for Action and takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, for self and for the organization.
- An entrepreneur with focus on customer impact and value delivery.
- Building Trust within the team and organization, by delivering results as promised, not allowing challenges and changing environment excuse result misses.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Ability to select and hire to fit our culture and deliver on our commitments, continuously develops employees, coaches to maximize performance and manages underperformers.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- 75% domestic and/or international travel. Must have a valid US passport
Nortek Air Solutions and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortek.com/careers.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.