About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Solutions is a global, diversified HVAC company that leverages its strong brands, design and manufacturing capabilities, and business system to deliver industry-leading innovative air management solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Nortek Air Management comprises two, individual companies, Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions and employs 4,000 over 6 countries.
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
As a member of the production staff, the Electrician is responsible for the building assembling, installation and testing of electrical and control systems on custom OEM HVAC equipment. The right candidate will work closely with the Electrical Engineering team and the electrical assemblers in support of the identification, development, and implementation of best practices across the Electrical assembly process. Success will come in the form of well-established electrical assembly practices and knowledge, effective feedback to the Electrical Engineering design team, and an elimination in escaping defects and quality issues to our customers.
- Drives effective electrical installation and assembly practices across our operations.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to the electrical assembly team to ensure proper installation practices are observed.
- Works with Electrical Engineering team to identify and resolve wiring and electrical system development problems.
- Can read, comprehend, and trains others on electrical schematics containing both line and control voltage circuits.
- Good Knowledge of electrical codes concerning both line and control voltage circuits and devices.
- Leverages knowledge of electromechanical devices and controls such as transformers, relays, switches, variable frequency drives, disconnects, and other devices in the improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform various electrical assembly activities, including ability to run rigid and flexible conduit inside and outside of air handling units in accordance to drawings and specifications/current electrical codes, run and terminate both line and control voltage wiring circuits in accordance to drawings and specifications/current electrical codes,
- Ability to communicate with internal electrical engineering staff daily as well as with external customers as needed and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to be trained and certified to operate overhead crane and fork trucks while moving and assembling product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Commits to performing job duties in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
- Must be able to wear protective gear and equipment.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Works with all types of high voltage power.
- Inspect and examine the equipment to detect and investigate irregularities emits diagnostic rule and the electrical or electronic failures for the whole building.
- Performs the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment manufacturing, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic.
- Helps manages daily activities of workflow in Electrical Assembly bays with the leads.
- Other related duties as required.
Job Qualifications:· Possesses current Journeyman Electrical License or Electrical Contractor License certification.· 5+ years of related electrical assembly or electrician experience.· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Preferred · Possesses current Journeyman Electrical License· Proficiency with the National Electrical Code· Strong aptitude and demonstrated competency working with electrical/mechanical components and systems found in industrial facilities.· Associates degree in electrical related field or other related technical school program· Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively· Familiarity and experience with automation and/or instrumentation control wiring· Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple activities
Nortek Air Solutions and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Air Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.