Press Brake Operator I - Swing Shift
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we want to be the premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence. Nortek Air Management has annual sales of close to $1 billion and is comprised of three businesses, Residential, Light Commercial and Air Solutions.
Nortek Air Solutions - Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Sets up and operates hydraulic press brake.
- Lays out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates
- Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal
- Working well with others, with limited amount of supervision
- Sets up and operates automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation
- Monitors meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications
- Setting up and operating notcher, rolls and hardware machine
- Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
Education and Skills:
- High School graduate or equivalent experience
- General sheet metal knowledge
- Functional and Technical skills
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs
- Standing for long periods on concrete
- Quality Assurance
- Attention to detail
- Must speak and read English
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.