Strategic Sourcing Manager - Direct Material - Electrical
Strategic Sourcing Manager – Direct Material - Electrical
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Management
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Open
Business Unit: Supply Chain
Relocation is NOT being offered
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management is comprised of three businesses, Nortek Global HVAC, Nortek Air Solutions, and StatePoint with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Position Summary: The Sourcing Category Manager is a highly visible position that will develop, coordinate and manage sourcing categories that will create maximum benefits for the business. The Sourcing Category Manager will strategically drive improvements within direct material category’s that align to corporate goals. Controlling the continuity of supply to the manufacturing sites, cost reduction, cash flow, supplier risk strategies, category strategies 1/3/5 years out, supplier relationship, LTA negotiation & more.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
- Fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth and development
- Stable industry
- Large scope of responsibility and autonomy
- Industry leading technology
- Perform commodity market analysis including supply base optimization (total landed cost, quality and delivery).
- Responsible for project content and strategy including project and sourcing strategy, spend segmentation, supply market analysis, supplier capability assessment, supplier recruitment and management, RFQ/P development, analysis of complex data, developing a business case for improved supply and managing projects across multiple sites.
- Participates in assessment and prioritization of strategic sourcing opportunities to achieve divisional and corporate objectives.
- Coordinate/Manage application of cross-functional/business unit, strategic sourcing process to drive results.
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create common goals, strong motivation and effective execution.
- Supports performance tracking activities including sourcing savings, contract compliance and other measures.
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of commodity management experience within a manufacturing environment managing the electrical category.
- Proven success in meeting aggressive cost reduction targets, supplier negotiating and category management.
- Strong skills using business tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, SAP etc.
- Experience working with manufacturing sites and suppliers in multiple countries.
- Ability to present to the ELT of the organization and communicate with excellence.
- Lean/Six Sigma or other continuous improvement experience.
- Travel up to 15% - 20%, some international travel & must be able to maintain a valid passport.
- MBA Preferred
- CPM and/or APICS
- 3 years’ experience in HVAC / air movement desired
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.