Customer Support Tech I
Customer Support Tech I
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Tualatin, OR
Business Unit: Service/Parts/Warranty
Relocation is NOT being offered
About Nortek Air Solutions
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. We offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
As an NAS Customer Support Technician, you will work on sales and warranty related issues for Heat Pumps and HVAC product lines. You will provide Customer Service to our Rep force including parts identification, developing quotations, and order processing/fulfillment. We are looking for a high-quality individual to fill this position at our Tualatin, OR location.
- Provide customer service to over 120 Rep firms in the United States and Canada and manage relationships with core Customers.
- Receive E-mails or calls, prioritize, and complete entry of orders into ERP System.
- Receive E-mails or calls, identify parts required, and process quotes in ERP System, send quotes to Reps.
- Process and distribute warranty orders upon request from the Service Department or Reps.
- Track order progress and provide updates to Reps. Provide shipment details to Reps.
- Upon receiving a request for an RMA, determine appropriate action, obtain and/or issue RMA, coordinate with distribution centers and accounting.
- Maintain an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes.
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
- Knowledge of HVAC parts, construction methods, functions & processes.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate level MS Office. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM is a plus.
- Good typing skills and working knowledge of MS Windows
- Strong Customer Service skills and proactive problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to work overtime
- Three to Five years’ experience in the HVAC field-either in Manufacturing OR as a Field Tech.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals a plus.
- Ability to stay on project through root cause analysis.
- Excellent Customer Service skills with desire to exceed Customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly and coordinating with all necessary parties to conclusion of job/issue.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- High school graduate with experience in the HVAC industry.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.