Pre-commissioning Engineer - Singapore
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Singapore
Business Unit: Technical Customer Service
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is a global, diversified HVAC company that leverages its strong brands, design and manufacturing capabilities, and business system to deliver industry-leading innovative air management solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Nortek Air Management comprises two, individual companies, Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions and employs 4,000 over 6 countries.
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
As our Pre-Commissioning–Engineer you will be working as part of a team reporting to the Pre-Commissioning Manager on first of kind patented StatePoint Liquid Cooling equipment and related service issues. This includes inspection, testing, service and repair along with assistance in the installation, pressure testing of unit. This position will be supervising the day to day technician’s teamwork, utilizing BIM360 knowledge, and also providing service and technical expertise to end users. This person will be recommending our service and engineering departments to be involved at various stages of projects. Working on and assisting on the assembly, erection, start-ups and commissioning of new products using scripts, and working with many trades to accomplish tasks in a timely manner. This engineer will work with consultants to ensure integration of equipment into the building design system. As well as work closely with contractors to ensure schedule alignment.
We are looking for a high-quality individual to fill this position in Singapore.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the StatePoint Technologies team:
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
- We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.
- Develop assembly models and detail drawings using various CAD tools.
- Assist with testing products and designs.
- Supervise pre-commissioning technicians.
- Assure that full and accurate documentation is produced for the designs that are moving into commercialization.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Ability to stay on project through root cause analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly and coordinating with outside technicians and ability to follow up on open issues to resolutions.
- Ability to root cause issues to unit or controls that operate the systems.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BSME from an accredited university.
- 1+ years of engineering work experience, HVAC highly preferred.
- Self-starter and must be able to work cross-functionally.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs).
- Supervisory skills to manage a team of technician.
- Must have an energetic, results-oriented perspective and be able to motive your team to sustain excellence.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and technical specifications.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.