Associate Software Engineer - Data Center Cooling
Associate Software Engineer – Data Center Cooling
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Shakopee, MN
Business Unit: DCC Product Engineering
This is a controls engineering position for design of custom engineered thermal energy transfer for the industrial building, pharmaceutical, high tech manufacturing, and datacenter markets. In this position you will develop control system architecture, select appropriate equipment develop and test coding and design controls and systems for leading edge data center cooling equipment. Develop site integration for customers BMS equipment and systems integrating electric, mechanical systems. You will be supporting meeting business objectives, technical strategy, and solving complex engineering problems.
- Assist in developing controls systems engineering methods and solutions
- Complete new product design using controls engineering, software tools, and hardware verification methods.
- Develops control concepts, system requirements and sequence of operation and sets control direction on complex projects.
- Provide estimates of control system costs for quotations.
- Develops an understanding of customer control system needs for special machines.
- Participates with the project team in evaluating project feasibility.
- Designs cost-effective control systems for special machines with input from the customer, Project Engineer, and design team.
- Knowledgeable in Auto CADD
- Generates component lists.
- Generates control schematics and other prints as appropriate.
- Writes software for control devices.
- Reviews control systems with machine design group prior to final release.
- Develops technical documents for operator and maintenance manuals.
- Follow company policies, new product development processes, and design guidelines.
- Research and analyze data, such as customer design proposals, supplier specifications, industry standards, and product manuals to determine feasibility and risks.
- Use innovative thinking to go beyond existing solutions to develop unique ideas
- Work cross functionally to support business needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes.
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
- Associate Degree with PLC Certification, or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience in industrial setting for PLC use and development.
- Work experience through internship or work history with DDC (Direct Digital Controls) or PLC controls systems.
- Programming Language Familiarity with Function block Diagrams, Structured text, C++.
- Knowledge of HVAC Sequence of Operations, Component Selection.
- Ability to work with Bid Documents, Control Plans and Specifications.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate technically, both internally with various departments and externally with customers, as needed.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail with effective ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a timeline driven environment.
- Motivated, creative, and enthusiastic to learn, and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Independent analysis and judgment skills in using prior experience and knowledge of company policies and procedures to resolve non-standard problems.
- PLC 61131-3 protocol programming experience.
- Strong electrical/mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with OPC UA, Modbus TCP and RTU.
- Knowledge of ethernet and networks.
- Experience with coding utilizing Analog and digital control signals.
- HMI development for equipment operation.
Who we are
Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries company. Madison Industries is one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world and has a robust portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.
At Nortek Data Center Cooling, we’re shaping the future by Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day! We are a premier HVAC company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through our employees’ commitment to quality, customer experience and operational excellence.
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the Nortek Air Solutions team:
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
- We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.
Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination – Nortek Data Center Cooling. is an equal employment opportunity and afﬁrmative action employer and all qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualiﬁed individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.