The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Positions available at Chicago Bulls College Prep (Head Cheerleading, Head Cross Country, and Wrestling)
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Coaching at Noble
Athletics play an essential role in teaching our students to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity, strive for excellence, persevere through adversity, make sacrifices, and compete with dignity and pride while developing a commitment to teamwork and service to our school and community. Our athletic administration and coaches are committed to providing a challenging, supportive and caring environment where our student-athletes can reach their academic, athletic, and personal potential.
Key Job Responsibilities
Head coaches are responsible for upholding a high culture of expectations and support during all practices and games. Requirements include attendance at all scheduled practices and games while in season and additional off-season requirements as needed. Practices are typically held after the school day and games are played throughout the week.
In addition to the above requirements, additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain roster, including applicable fees, forms, and additional requirements as determined by the Athletic Director and IHSA
- Manage budget
- Hire and manage assistant coaches
- Manage Inventory of equipment and uniforms
- Schedule games with non-conference opponents
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Coaches are eligible for coaching stipends, which will be paid out at the end of the season. It is preferred though not required that interested applicants apply for full time positions at a Noble school as well.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.