The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Be Noble. Be a Senior Accountant at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We're Seeking
Noble is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Network Support Team—a team dedicated to providing world-class service to our 18+ schools. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Accountant works closely with one other senior accountant and a staff accountant and the team of accounts payable staff. Shares in supervision of staff accountant with a second senior accountant. This position supports the Finance Department in all fiscal transactions.
- Performs general accounting functions including journal entries, reviews bank reconciliations, and supervises month end closing.
- Prepares bond amortization entries and maintains debt schedules.
- Responsible for rent schedules and appropriate accounting for leases.
- Reviews expenditures and capital projects for adherence to capitalization policy and responsible for maintenance of the fixed assets subledger.
- Reviews payroll entries and reconciliations to ledger prepared by staff accountant.
- Responsible for recording of monthly investment transactions and reconciliations.
- Reviews various schedules prepared by staff accountant.
- Integral part of the monthly and annual financial statement preparation.
- Highly involved in footnote preparation for the annual audited financial statements.
- Leads yearend audit work and assists with audit preparation and completion.
- Prepares bond and new market tax credit compliance reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring proper backup, account coding, and approval for credit card purchases.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and financial analysis as needed.
- Supports the Controller in implementing and enforcing Network-wide accounting policies.
- Reviews schedules submitted to federal, state and local funding agencies for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all fiscal matters related to the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5 or more years of accounting experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite or G suite required
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus
- Experience with educational or other nonprofit institution a plus
- Confident friendly composure suited to entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and an effective project manager
- Supervisory experience, a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.