This position would start immediately
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
The Human Resource Partner is responsible for administrative and campus support of day-to-day human resource functions with direct management and mentorship from the Assistant Human Resource Director, in areas of leave administration, employee relations, performance management, payroll and general day-to-day communication on HR-related questions.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists with HR projects.
- Respond to employee relation matters: conduct investigations, meeting coordination, conduct analysis and provide recommendations, follow through on any solutions and check ins, draft summary report for Legal counsel review.
- Is present with campuses and serves as a trusted resource who is available to employees to answer questions, escalate matters and hold campuses accountable to HR compliance and policies.
- Administer leave of absences, benefits and ADA for employees.
- Provide support for performance management by reviewing PIPs, warnings and executing employee terminations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous human resource experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience in HR and/or payroll setting preferred.
- 2-3 year’s experience with inbound customer service professional duties preferred.
- Employee relations, ADA and leave management experience preferred.
This is a permanent exempt position.
Local travel to various campuses may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Noble provides competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k retirement plan, and paid time off.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.