The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Data & Business Intelligence Analyst
Be Noble. Be a Data and Business Intelligence Analyst at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We're Seeking
Under the leadership of Noble’s new Chief Data & Innovation Officer, the data team is expanding to include a Data & Business Intelligence Analyst role. Reporting directly to the Chief Data & Innovation Officer, the Data & Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for supporting Noble’s data and research needs for both campus and Network leadership, as well as support the continuous evolution of our data warehouse design/dashboard systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leadership Research/Analysis Support (40% of Time): While Noble’s data team serves a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the organization, the team’s focus to-date has been on direct campus supports rather than broader leadership analysis and support for the organization. The Data & Business Intelligence Analyst is a position dedicated to providing high-quality analysis support to our upper-level management. Routine projects could include facility risk analysis, employment and student survey analysis, support team service analysis, predictive modeling around academic growth, financial analysis for campus decision making, ambitious target setting (academic growth, financial, etc.).
- Data Warehouse & Dashboard Development (30% of Time): As a member of the data team, the Data & Business Intelligence Analyst will be asked to assist in the development of new data sources in the warehouse for use in Tableau (our dashboard system). This will entail gathering information from stakeholders, database design, ETL design and dashboard development in Tableau.
- Ad Hoc Data Reporting & Analysis Support (30% of Time): As a member of the data team, the Data & Business Intelligence Analyst will be asked to regularly support the broader team with data ticket overflow, high priority assessment-related analysis (e.g. quarterly interim assessment support), and maintaining our critical data systems (i.e. PowerSchool, Tableau-based Dashboarding & Reporting.)
- Service (100%): Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18 schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The Data & Business Intelligence Analyst is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
- 5+ years of experience with business intelligence/statistical analysis software (Tableau, STATA, SPSS, R or ERP experience) is required
- Analysis skills will be assessed with an analysis project
- Ninja level Excel experience is assumed
- 4+ years of experience with complex SQL queries, preferably across multiple database platforms
- Oracle and PostGres highly preferred, but not required
- SQL skills will be assessed with a written test
- 3+ years of experience with database/data warehouse design
- 1+ years of experience with an ETL tool
- Pentaho is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Python or R is a big plus, but not required
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or Server is highly preferred
- Experience with an ERP or Student Information System is preferred
- PowerSchool front end experience is a plus
- PowerSchool’s Oracle back end experience is a big plus
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Strong emotional intelligence (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to in-person counseling services
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!