The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Chief College Officer
Be Noble. Be the Chief College Officer at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
The Chief College Officer (CCO) is the most senior leader at Noble focused on the core of Noble’s mission: to support all of our graduates to succeed on the path of their choice, leading to 75% of alumni earning bachelor’s degrees. The CCO serves on the senior leadership team at Noble, reporting to the Interim President. Through their leadership, Noble will become the most successful high school system in the country at having graduates complete college and entering careers of their choice. Additionally, the CCO will serve as a leader in the national education community, collaborating with a national network of practitioners and sharing Noble’s practices to the benefit of hundreds of thousands of students around the country.
1. Lead the College Team on the Noble Support Team (NST); managing and supporting the directors of each team:
- Summer of a Lifetime: program management and fundraising to provide the opportunity for almost 1,000 of Noble’s rising high school juniors annually to experience academic summer programs on college campuses
- College Counseling: leadership and coaching to the College Dean community across 17 high schools and training and tools support to over 60 counselors across the network
- Alumni Supports: leadership to 8 staff at NST and 18 campus-based staff who provide coaching and support to alumni in college; this includes direct management of our Pritzker Access Scholarship, which is resulting in DREAMers completing college at nationally unprecedented rates (72% for the founding class)
- Alumni Career Office: direct coaching and support to alumni as they enter the job market, resulting in 75+% of Noble bachelor’s graduates employed or in grad school within 6 months of graduation; this team also leads Ambitious Alternative Pathways and the recent launch of the Noble Alumni Association
- Noble Forward: Noble’s partnership with Southern New Hampshire University helping alumni who have left college get back on the path to earning a bachelor’s degree; Noble provides a physical location and one coach for every 50 students as they work through this online program
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and research on college completion to ensure Noble has the right policy and approaches to meet our goals
- With Noble’s Chief Academic Officer, continue the development and support of Noble’s College Completion Standards, a set of research-based standards, assessments, and curriculum that addresses the behaviors and mindsets students need beyond traditional academics for success in college and life
- Share knowledge and expertise across Noble on topics relating to college completion and career success; this includes advising Principals and other seniors leaders, and presenting to large and small groups of Noble staff
- Represent Noble in the local and national community of funders and practitioners focused on the goal of helping first-generation college students succeed in college and life
The ideal candidate will be service oriented, have a relentless curiosity, and possess a sense of humor. Candidates should have:
- Unwavering commitment to Noble's mission of preparing students for college success and the firm belief in the potential of every student
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to manage teams in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with a diverse group of leaders and stakeholders
- Deep experience in college access and success, with a track record of leading a successful organization in this space
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.