The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Alumni Career Office Associate
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
In 2016, Noble Network of Charter Schools created our Alumni Career Office to support Noble alumni in their career development, exposure, and advancement. Since then, the office has grown into a center of excellence for supporting first-generation college students & graduates in their college/professional careers. The associate position will report directly to the Director of the Career Office and will be responsible for several tasks & initiatives:
- Provide 1:1 career development coaching (i.e. resumes edits, mock interviews, salary negotiation tips, etc.) to Noble Alumni
- Build partnerships with Chicago area employers and develop a pipeline of Noble candidates
- Co-manage social media & online accounts for the Career Office (Facebook, Website, Google Drive, etc.)
- Facilitate career programming and networking events for college students and young professionals
- Manage the ACO’s job & internship opportunity database
- Conduct outreach (via phone & email) to our alumni base to increase engagement with our office
- Work with Noble Forward students and Pritzker Access Scholarship recipients to ensure employment after college
The ideal candidate will be results oriented, data focused, and have remarkable communication & coaching skills. Other desirable qualifications:
- A commitment to making a difference in the lives of underserved student populations as they approach independence
- A natural knack and passion for coaching and motivating others to excel in their professional and personal lives
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 5 years of experience working in a high functioning, fast-paced organization
- A track-record of aggressively delivering measurable results and strong self-management
- Ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in counseling/mentoring youth and/or recruiting/HR a plus
- Experience with program management & strategy; prior corporate business experience a plus
- Data analysis experience a plus
Application Process and Compensation
Please complete this online application to explain why you are an ideal fit for the Noble Network and this position. Be sure to provide 4 references. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission Today!